Atlantic Area 2021-2027: First Call for Projects 2022
Published in 24/11/2022
Interreg Atlantic Area Programme 2021-2027: EU transnational cooperation programme, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under the European Territorial Cooperation objective of the EU Cohesion Policy. The programme aims to contribute to improving regional competitiveness and the quality of life of the European Atlantic regions in the areas of "Blue Innovation and Competitiveness", "Blue Environment", "Sustainable Tourism and Culture" and “Governance of the Atlantic Area”.
The Atlantic Area covers the western part of the Atlantic Ocean and includes all regions of Ireland and Portugal, as well as several French and Spanish regions close to or on the Atlantic Ocean coast.
The First Call for Projects is currently open from the 14th of October until the 17th of February 2023, until 6pm (Lisbon time).
The call adress the first 3 thematic priorities of the programme:
1. Blue innovation and competitiveness (Smarter Europe)
2. Blue and green environment (Greener Europe)
3. Blue sustainable tourism and culture (Social Europe)
Applicants need to keep in mind the following keystones:
- The total project amount should preferentially be, for this call in a range between EUR 1 and 3.5 million;
- Projects will be co-financed and reimbursed up to 75%;
- The indicative duration is up to 36 months;
- Projects must include at least one partner from each Member State of the cooperation area.
- Should involve 4 to 12 full partners, taking into account that projects must include at least partners from the 4 MS of the cooperation area, one per country.
If you consider to apply, please visit the CALL webpage