JPI Oceans publishes its first Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA)
Published in 22/9/2015
The Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) of JPI Oceans is published. The SRIA presents ten Strategic Areas, developed and agreed by JPI Oceans (with the support of CSA Oceans) as strategic priorities for marine and maritime research in Europe.
1. Exploring Deep Sea Resources
2. Technology and Sensor Developments
3. Science Support to Coastal and Maritime Planning and Management
4. Linking Oceans, Human Health and Wellbeing
5. Interdisciplinary Research for Good Environmental Status
6. Observing, Modelling and Predicting Oceans State and Processes
7. Climate Change Impact on Physical and Biological Ocean Processes
8. Effects of Ocean Acidification on Marine Ecosystems
9. Food Security and Safety Driving Innovation in a Changing World
10. Use of Marine Biological Resources through Development and Application of Biotechnology
Actions within the Strategic Areas will vary in size, scope and duration. Specific actions in the cross-cutting fields of research infrastructures, science-policy interactions, and human capacity building are also identified as being necessary to address the overall vision.