National Hub of the Support Team for the Atlantic Action Plan
Published in 23/10/2018
The Atlantic Action Plan encourages Member States to work together in order to share information, costs, results and best practices, as well as generate ideas for further areas of cooperation of maritime activities. The Action Plan includes traditional activities, such as fisheries, aquaculture and tourism, together with emerging activities including offshore renewables and marine biotech.
The Assistance Mechanism provides guidance and proactive support for public and private organisations, research institutions and universities, institutional and private investors from the Atlantic region wishing to engage in the implementation of the Atlantic Action Plan. The Assistance Mechanism for the Atlantic Action Plan is operating through five National Hubs which are based in Portugal, Spain, France, United Kingdom and Ireland, coordinated by a Brussels-based central management team.
Among other activities, National Hub intends to:
- advertise and inform interested parts about the Action Plan and maritime policy initiatives adopted by the European Comission, Member States and Regions;
- promote network implementation and cooperation between interested parts;
- maintain updated information about resources and funding opportunities available at a European, National and Regional level;
- contribute in the monitoring of the Action Plan implementation progress, according to projects identification and good practices;
- promote/support the organization of seminars and conferences, as well as to participate in national or Atlantic region events;
- support the Communication Plan of the Assistance Mechanism;
- keep a close relationship with national members of the Atlantic Strategy Group.
Follow the activity of the national hub here.