CESAM researcher is co-organizing a SEB+ session at the annual conference of the Society for Experimental Biology
Published in 21/1/2020
Diana Madeira, CESAM's post-doctoral researcher, is organizing a special session SEB+ at the annual conference of the Society for Experimental Biology (SEB), in collaboration with Prof Piero Calosi (Université du Québec à Rimouski, Canada).
The SEB annual meeting will take place in Prague from the 7th to the 10th of July 2020 and is a multi-disciplinary conference for researchers working on animal, plant and cell biology. It gathers over 800 biologists from all over the world and it will give its participants a great networking opportunity.
The special SEB+ session co-organized by Diana Madeira will take place on the 11th of July 2020 and is titled “Within and transgenerational plastic responses and adaptive evolution of marine metazoans in a changing ocean: from molecules to biotic communities”. In more detail, the topics to be discussed in this session include:
- Impacts of global change on marine biodiversity: trends and challenges for research and conservation
- Tools and methodological developments to study global change impacts on biodiversity
-Development of an integrated approach to global change research and biodiversity conservation
This SEB+ session, associated to the main event, will give its participants the opportunity to:
1. Interact with several of the world's top experts on climate change and marine biodiversity
2. Participate in open discussions
3. Present a poster or deliver a talk
4. Share ideas and establish multi-disciplinary collaborative networks
Abstracts should be submitted until the 13th of March 2020 here.