Ana Luísa Patrício Silva
Bolseira de Pós-Doutoramento
- Researcher ID: K-1919-2013
- ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1932-1229
- Ciencia ID:
- Departamento: Biologia
- Grupo de Investigação: Biodiversidade Funcional
- ISI Web of KnowledgeSM search factor: AU=(Silva ALP or Patricio Silva AL) AND AD=(Aveiro). Researcher ID =K-1919-2013 Título: Microplastics in freshwaters: Evaluation of adverse effects on benthic species and communities, and interaction with environmental chemicals Orientador: Carlos Gravato, João Pestana, Dick Vethaak Category: BO Grant type: BPD Funding entity: FCT Grant reference: SFRH/BPD/114870/2016 Start date: 2017-08-01 End date: 2023-07-01
Interesses de investigação
Research topics: Ecotoxicology, combined stressors, sub-cellular to community endpoints, multigenerational effects.
2004-2006: Master in Biodiversity and Genetic Resources, by the University of Porto, Portugal (Supervisor: Prof. Paulo Alexandrino).
1998 - 2003: Degree in Biology and Geology, educational area, by the University of Algarve, Portugal.
01/09/2018 - Lecturer at the workshop entitled "Avaliação da combinação de estressores químicos e naturais (climáticos): uma abordagem integrava em invertebrados de solo" at XV Brazilian congress in Ecotoxicology (Ecotox 2018, 1-4/09/2018).
01/2017 - 07/2017: Research-fellow in Soil Ecotoxicology, witin the project "SOILTOX - Performance of laboratory tests with soil organisms: Influence of different test soils on the results of ecotoxicological tests", at the Center of Functional Ecology, Univerity of Coimbra (Ref. LUGUS 389384).
05/2016-11/2016: Project technician (PhD) in Aquatic Ecotoxicology, within the project "“Behaviour as a sensitive and integrative approach that predicts the effects of environmental stressors in the aquatic environment: linking different levels of biological organisation” (Ref. IF/011401/2014).
2011-2015: PhD student at the Biology Department & CESAM from University of Aveiro (FCT grant ref: SFRH / BD / 75209 / 2010).
2005-2011: Teacher in several Public Schools, with anual contracts, provided by DGRHE - Portuguese Ministry of Education.
2004-2005: Volunteer researcher in the analysis of genetic variability in natural populations of Salmo trutta in the Peneda Geres National Park (PNPG). This research was conducted in order to establish Priority Areas for Integrated Conservation and Management, included in the PNPG project "Actions for conservation and management of the Peneda Geres National Park" in collaboration with the University of Porto.
Scientific Activity Spreading Actions (open lab, school activities/lectures)
Silva C.J.M., Silva A.L.P., Gravato C., Pestana J.L.T. (2019) Ingestion of small-sized and irregularly shaped polyethylene microplastics affect Chironomus riparius life-history traits. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 672 862-868. Ver mais
Silva A.L.P., Amorim M.J.B., Holmstrup M. (2016) Adaptations of enchytraeids to single and combined effects of physical and chemical stressors. ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEWS, 24 , (1), 1-12. Ver mais
Patricio-Silva A.L., Amorim M.J.B. (2016) Effect of freeze-thaw cycles and 4-nonylphenol on cellular energy allocation in the freeze-tolerant enchytraeid Enchytraeus albidus. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND POLLUTION RESEARCH, 23 , (4), 3548-3555. Ver mais
Silva A.L.P., Amorim M.J.B., Holmstrup M. (2016) Uptake and Elimination of 4-Nonylphenol in the Enchytraeid Enchytraeus albidus. BULLETIN OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONTAMINATION AND TOXICOLOGY, 96 , (2), 156-161. Ver mais
Boas S.W., Slotsbo S., Silva A.L.P., Larsen M.M., Damgaard C., Holmstrup M. (2016) Increased frequency of freeze-thaw events in a future climate can significantly increase negative effects of copper on enchytraeids. APPLIED SOIL ECOLOGY, 107 272-278. Ver mais
Silva A.L.P., Amorim M.J.B., Holmstrup M. (2015) Salinity changes impact of hazardous chemicals in Enchytraeus albidus. ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY, 34 , (9), 2159-2166. Ver mais
Silva A.L.P., Enggrob K., Slotsbo S., Amorim M.J.B., Holmstrup M. (2014) Importance of Freeze-Thaw Events in Low Temperature Ecotoxicology of Cold Tolerant Enchytraeids. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, 48 , (16), 9790-9796. Ver mais
Silva A.L.P., Holmstrup M., Kostal V., Amorim M.J.B. (2013) Soil salinity increases survival of freezing in the enchytraeid Enchytraeus albidus. Journal Of Experimental Biology, 216 2732-2740. Ver mais
Patricio Silva A.L., Holmstrup M., Amorim M.J.B. (2013) Worms from the Arctic are better adapted to freezing and high salinity than worms from temperate regions: oxidative stress responses in Enchytraeus albidus. Comparative Biochemistry And Physiology Part A: Molecular & Integrative Physiology, 166 582–589. Ver mais
Silva A.L.P. (2006) Análise de Variabilidade Genética ao Nível do DNA mitocondrial em Populações Portuguesas de Truta (Salmo Trutta): Sua Importância para a Identificação de Populações Prioritárias para Gestão e Conservação. MSc Thesis. . Ver mais
Patricio Silva AL, Holmstrup M, Amorim MJ (2013) Effects of salinity and freeze temperatures in Enchytraeus albidus – increased freeze tolerance and changing impact on toxicity (Platform presentation). SETAC Europe, 23rd Annual Meeting, 11 - 16th May 2013, Glasgow, UK. Ver mais
Patrício Silva A.L., Amorim M.J.B. H.o.l.m.s.t.r.u.p. .M. On the importance of salinity and temperature fluctuations on ecotoxicology of supra-littoral enchytraeids (Platform presentation). SETAC North America 35th Annual Meeting, 9-13 November 2014, Vancouver, BC. Ver mais
Pia Kotschik, Jose Paulo Sousa, Tiago Natal-da-Luz, Sónia Chelinho, Ana Luísa Silva, Nuno Capela, Jörg Römbke, Silvia Pieper How protective is the current risk assessment for soil invertebrates? (Platform presentation). SETAC-Europe 28th Annual Meeting, 13 – 18 May, Rome, IT. Ver mais
Patrício Silva, A.L. Climate change, its effects on environmental stressors and the ecotoxicological responses of soil invertebrates. (Invited speaker). ECOTOX 2018: XV Congresso Brasileiro de Ecotoxicologia, 01-04 Sept.2018, Aracaju, SE. Brasil. Ver mais
L.H. Cícero, A.L.Patrício Silva, A.P.L.Costa, A.C.M. Rodrigues, D.A.M. Silva, AM.V.M.Soares, R.J.M. Rocha Effects of microplastics to the coral Zoanthus sociatus might be driven by polymer type in short-term exposure scenarios. Aquaculture Europe 2019, 7-10 October 2019, Berlin, DE. Ver mais
Ana-Belén Muñiz-González, Carlos J.M. Silva, Ana L. Patricio Silva, Diana Campos, João Luís Teixeira Pestana, José-Luis Martinez-Guitarte Suborganismal responses of the aquatic midge Chironomus riparius to polyethylene microplastics. SETAC North America 40th Annual Meeting, 3-7 November 2019, Toronto, ON, CA.. Ver mais
- 2017: The use of Trait Based approaches in Community Ecology and Stress Ecology, University of Coimbra, Portugal;
- 2016: Applications of stable isotope data to ecological research, University of Aveiro, Portugal;
- 2013: Entrepreneurship and innovation. University of Aveiro, Portugal;
- 2012: Hazardous chemicals in the environment: How do they affect terrestrial ecosystems and can we predict the risk? Aarhus University, Denmark;
- 2011: Practical Approach to Ecotoxicogenomics, University of Aveiro, Portugal;
- IV Hands-on course “From Proteomics to Proteins”, University of Nova de Lisboa;
- Global change and biodiversity implications for ecosystem services, University of Braga.
- 2005: "Criação de conteúdos multimédia", FELSIS, Chaves, Portugal.
- Introduction to Conservation Biology, ALDEA Association, Bragança, Portugal.
- 2004: Evolution and Molecular Ecology, University of Porto, Portugal.
- Workshop "Gestão e Conservação da Fauna Silvestre". University of Évora, Portugal.
- Biodiversity management and conservation, University of Porto, Portugal.
- Mother language: Portuguese
- Other (oral/written): English (very good/very good), French (good/fair), Spanish (very good/good).
- Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Other programs: Minitab 16, IBM SPSS Statistics, Statistica 12, SigmaPlot 10.0, EndNote X1.0, Papers 3, Prism 7, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3, Prezi.
CESAM © 2020 | Todos os direitos reservados.