Sara Daniela Azevedo Costa
- Thesis title: Resilience of natural populations of amphibians living under a changing world: the role played by its skin microbiome
- Supervisor: Dra. Isabel Maria Cunha Antunes Lopes, Dra. Paula Vasconcelos Morais
- Researcher ID: Q-1688-2019
- ORCID: 0000-0003-3504-1972
- Department: Biology
- Research Group: Functional Biodiversity Thesis title: Resilience of natural populations of amphibians living under a changing world: the role played by its skin microbiome Supervisor: Dra. Isabel Maria Cunha Antunes Lopes, Dra. Paula Vasconcelos Morais Category: BO Grant type: BD Funding entity: FCT Grant reference: PD/BD/113605/2015 Start date: 2015-09-01 End date: 2019-08-31
Perera A., Sampaio F., Costa S., Salvi D., Harris D.J. (2012) Genetic variability and relationships within the skinks Eumeces algeriensis and Eumeces schneideri using mitochondrial markers. AFRICAN JOURNAL OF HERPETOLOGY, 61 , (1), 69-80. See more
Costa S., Fasola E., Santos B., Moutinho A., Costa N., Lopes I (2015) Ecotoxicological studies as a tool on amphibians’ disease risk assessment. FrogLog, 23 6-7. See more
Costa S., Félix C., da Costa J.P., Rocha-Santos T.A.P., Esteves A.C., Alves A., Lopes I. (2017) Interactions of environmental stressors with the amphibian pathogen Saprolegnia australis. I European Amphibian Club, 28-30 June 2017, Rennes, France. See more
Venâncio C, Fasola E, Costa S, Lopes I (2016) Skin bacterial community metabolic activity compared between males, females and juveniles of the fire salamander (Salamandra salamandra sub. sp. gallaica). Congresso Ibérico de Herpetologia, 5-8 outubro 2016, Lleida, Espanha. See more
Costa S. (2015) Amphibians, microbes & Co. , june 2015, Museo di Storia Naturale dell'Universitá di Firenze. See more
2015: Seed Grant for the project: "Ecotoxicological Studies as a Tool on Amphibians' Disease Risck Assessment" from Amphibian Specialist Group (ASG) and Amphibian Survival Alliance (ASA);
2011: Integration Research Grant (BII) (BII/CIBIO/INTBIO/2009) "Study of phylogeographic patterns of selected herpetofauna in the Mediterranean Basin" from FCT.
Research field and interests
2015-Present: PhD Student in Biology and Ecology of Global Alterations, University of Aveiro.
2013: Master in Applied Ecology, University of Aveiro.
2011: Degree in Biology, University of Porto.
Professional Activities /Research experience
2014: Captive amphibian husbandry and captive breeding for Ecotoxicological purpouse;
2014: Reseach fellow on the Project GENEROSI-CONtaminant-driven GENEtic ERosionconsequences on the viability of Amphibia populations (PTDC/BIC/3488/2012);
2011: Internship on the Project "Study of phylogeographic patterns of selected herpetofauna in the Mediterranean Basin" (BII/CIBIO/INTBIO/2009)
2010: PEEC - Program of Extra-Curricular Internship: "Effects of climate change and water acidification on the morphology and behavior of the green crab Carcinus maenas (Crustacea: Portunidae)"
CESAM © 2019 | All rights reserved.