Ana Bárbara Abreu Gonçalves
- Thesis title: Tools for Biodiversity Conservation
- Supervisor: Prof. Amadeu Soares
- Researcher ID:
- Department: Biology
- Research Group: Functional Biodiversity Thesis title: Tools for Biodiversity Conservation Supervisor: Prof. Amadeu Soares Category: BO Grant type: BD Funding entity: Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia Grant reference: SFRH / BD / 51438 / 2011 Start date: 2011-06-01 End date: 2015-06-01
Goncalves B., Marques A., Soares A.M.V.D., Pereira H.M. (2015) Biodiversity offsets: from current challenges to harmonized metrics. CURRENT OPINION IN ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY, 14 61-67. See more
AUGUST 2011 GIS WHI OFFICER Worcestershire County Council
- Updating Worcestershire Habitat Inventory database.
JANUARY 2011 – JUNE SESSIONAL LECTURER Worcester University
- Teaching Population & Community Ecology (3rd Year Module): course materials, field trips, setting assignments, producing reading lists, course outlines and handouts; undertake marking.
JANUARY 2010 – JAN. 2011 ECOLOGY: POLICY RESEARCHER Worcestershire County Council
- Ecologist for Green Infrastructure (GI) Strategy; Responsible for investigating and presenting findings in the form of technical document on Biodiversity Compensation – Banking Systems; Ecological Surveying and report writing; Worcestershire Habitat Inventory (WHI) – data input, mapping with GIS (Arcview 9.3) and analysis for GI plans; Provided Ecological advice to both Planning related work - Planning Applications - & non-planning related work such as schools and property services.
MAY 09 – JULY 09 ECOLOGY: ASSISTANT COORDINATOR London Ecology Consultancy
- M25 Extension Project. Reptile and Amphibian Surveying.
APRIL 07 – FEB 09 ECOLOGIST EDAW Plc
Projects: Olympic 2012 Biodiversity Action Plans; Westfield Shopping Centre Green Wall Planting Scheme and Design, London; Education City –Doha- Qatar; Bedford River Valley Park Framework Plan and Delivery Map, Bedford; SE Wales Networked Environmental Region; Arun Core Strategy – Phase 1 Habitat Survey; Wind Turbine Assessment Study, Bat Survey, London
2011 - ongoing: Doctoral Programme of Biology and Ecology of Global Changes - University of Aveiro
2005 - 2006: MSc Coastal Conservation and Management - University of Glamorgan
2002 - 2005: BSc Hons Biology - University of Leeds
CESAM © 2019 | All rights reserved.