|FISHAQU - Knowledge Exchange in sustainable Fisheries management and Aquaculture in the Mediterranean region|
António José Arsénia Nogueira
Programme - Erasmus+ Programme
Execution dates - 2019-11-15 - 2023-03-31 (41 Months)
Funding Entity - EC - European Commission
Funding for CESAM - 108860 €
Total Funding - 719066 €
Proponent Institution - Universidade de Aveiro
University of Palermo
University of Dubrovnik
Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport
The overall wider objective, to which the project will contribute, is to continue the reform of the system of higher education in the field of fisheries sciences in Egypt to comply with the Bologna Declaration and according to the demands of Strategic Framework for European Cooperation in Education and Training (ET 2020), aimed at improving of the quality and efficiency of educational process.
The aim of the project is to graduate qualified specialists able to manage the Egyptian fisheries and aquaculture activities to sustainably increase the production of fish in Egypt and, consequently, increase Egyptian income. The main project output is a masters’ degree program on Sustainable Management of Fisheries and Aquaculture (SMFA) arranged according to Bolognian principles.
The objectives and foreseen outcomes of the proposed project:
- develop internationally recognized competence-based Masters’ curriculum and syllabi in Sustainable Management of Fisheries and Aquaculture (SMFA) according to best Bologna practices;
- implement a collaboration platform for exchanging materials and communication and to enhance networking among HEI and research institutions across the Partner Countries (PC) and EU Member States;
- enhance the syllabi for SMFA with innovative learning methods (mobile lectures and e-learning modules);
- implement the developed competence-based curriculum at PC universities.
- improve Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Policy.
CESAM members on this project