|BlueNIGHTs - A touch of Blue in the EU Researchers' Nights for a more Sustainable Use of the Ocean|
CESAM Responsible researcher - Daniela Figueiredo
Programme - Horizon Europe Framework Programme: HORIZON-MSCA-2022-CITIZENS-01
Execution dates - 2022-03-01 - 2024-02-29 (24 Months)
Funding Entity - EC
Funding for CESAM - 57159 €
Total Funding - 622834 €
Proponent Institution - Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche (IT)
Universidade de AveiroSuomen ympäristökeskus (FI)
Societe D'exploitation Du Centre National De La Mer (FR)
Aecton Sarl (FR)
Università ta’ Malta (MT)
Institutul Naţional de Cercetare-Dezvoltare Delta Dunării (RO)
Associação Portuguesa de Educação Ambiental (PT)
Distretto veneziano della ricerca e dell'innovazione (IT)
The main objective of the BLueNIGHTs project is to bring the many facets and faces of people working on Ocean Science & Research to the general public of Europe by organising a series of interconnected EU Blue Researchers Nights (BlueNIGHTs) to demonstrate that the Ocean can be a source of inspiration, an object of interest/study and a field of research for people with very different backgrounds, hobbies and passions, including Science, History, Technology, Sociology, Pedagogy, Economics, Art, Design, etc.
By doing so, this collective project will:
- Bring people to key objectives, principles and priorities of the European Green Deal that relate to the ocean: delivering a healthy and resilient Ocean that can support sustainable Blue Growth and respond to Societal Priorities of Europe;
- Contribute to make European citizens Ocean Literate in line with the objectives and priorities of EU4Ocean Coalition, an initiative supported by the European Commission's Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DG MARE).
- Incentivate collective and truly European - mobilising organisations from each EU RSAs to prepare activities and events for presenting their own research/scientific activities;
- Promote Interdisciplinarity/multidisciplinarity/transdisciplinarity;
- Organise immersive, inclusive and interconnected activities by combining in situ interactive and practical experiences (doing, touching, gaming, trying, exploring) as well as interactive virtual experiences.
CESAM members on this project