- Department: Biology
- Research Group: Stress Biology Thesis title: Deciphering Pinus defence response against Fusarium circinatum infection: from physiology to Omics Supervisor: Dr. Glória Pinto (UA); Co-supervisors: Dr. Artur Alves (UA) and Dr. Luis Valledor (UniOvi, Spain) Category: BO Grant type: BD Funding entity: FCT Grant reference: SFRH/BD/120967/2016 Start date: 2017-05-01 End date: 2021-04-30
Jul 2016 - Apr 2017 (10 months): BI fellowship of the 'URGENTpine' project (ref. PTDC/AGR-FOR/2768/2014), under the supervision of Dr. Glória Pinto. Department of Biology & CESAM.
Dec 2015 - Jun 2016 (7 months): Collaborator of Greenclon, Lda. - company focused on the micropropagation of adult selected clones of Arbutus unedo. Rua António Jardim nº 24 r/c Dto Frente, 3000-035 Coimbra.
Apr 2014 - May 2015 (13 months): BI fellowship of the 'Chlamy4future' project (ref. EXPL/AAG-TEC /2056/2013), under the supervision of Dr. Luis Valledor. Department of Biology & CESAM. Collaboration with the University of Oviedo, Asturias, Spain.
15-Jun 2013 - 15 Mar 2014 (9 months): BI fellowship of the 'Ecophysiolyptus' project (ref. PTDC/AGR-CFL/112996/2009), under the supervision of Dr. Glória Pinto. Department of Biology & CESAM.
15-Sept 2012 - 15-Jun 2013 (9 months): BI fellowship of the 'SuberStress' project (ref. PTDC/AGR-GPL/118505/2010), under the supervision of Dr. Maria Celeste Dias. Department of Biology & CESAM.
May 2012 - Jul 2012 (3 months): Trainee under the framework of the Lifelong Learning/Erasmus Programme. Supervision by Dr. Manuel Rey (Interuniversity Research Group on Biotechnology and Reproductive Biology of Woody Species, University of Vigo, Spain).
Doctoral Program in Biology - Biology and Applied Biosciences, University of Aveiro.
Thesis title: Deciphering Pinus defence response against Fusarium circinatum infection: from physiology to Omics. Supervised by Dr. Glória Pinto (University of Aveiro) and co-supervised by Dr. Artur Alves (University of Aveiro) and Dr. Luís Valledor (University of Oviedo, Asturias, Spain). Funded by FCT, grant reference SFRH/BD/120967/2016.
Master in Applied Biology, University of Aveiro.
Thesis title: SnRK families in Chlamydomonas: promising targets for bioproduction. Supervised by Dr. Luís Valledor (University of Oviedo, Asturias, Spain) and co-supervised by Dr. Glória Pinto (University of Aveiro). Available at http://ria.ua.pt/handle/10773/14762.
2009 - 2012:
Degree in Biotechnology, Coimbra College of Agriculture (IPC - ESAC).
3-month Lifelong Learning/ERASMUS Programme training period (University of Vigo, Galicia, Spain): In vitro culture and Molecular Biology techniques in grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) and kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa (Chev) Liang and Ferguson, var. deliciosa). Supervision by Dr. Manuel Rey.
Merit Grant IPC|CGD 2011/2012
- Advanced course on “Integrative approaches to perceive responses of organisms to environmental challenges”. July 17-21, 2017, Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal. Under the framework of the Doctoral Program.
- Advanced course on “Scientific writing and communication”. July 10-14, 2017, Biology Department and CESAM, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal. Under the framework of the Doctoral Program.
- Training School on "Detection and Diagnosis of Fusarium circinatum”. April 12-14, 2016, ANSES Laboratory, Nancy, France. Funded by COST Action FP1406 PINESTRENGTH.
- Advanced course “Plant Stress Response: an integrated approach from bench to the field”. June 23-26, 2014, Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal.
- Bioplant Advanced Workshop “PAM fluorometry: a tool for the in vivo study of productivity and stress in plants and algae”. July 1-5, 2013, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal.
- Cell/Tissue Culture Workshop. November 15, 2011, Biocant, Cantanhede, Portugal.
- Plant physiology and ecophysiology;
- Environmental issues;
- Plants and climate change: unravelling stress response;
- Mitigation strategies to improve plant response to stressful scenarios;
- Microalgae as biorefineries: using genetic and metabolic engineering to reduce production costs;
- Plant in vitro culture;
- Systems Biology.
- Ecophysiolyptus: Physiological and gene expression profiles for early selection of Eucalyptus globulus in a climate change context See more
WoS Papers (7)
Escandon M., Canal M.J., Pascual J., Pinto G., Correia B., Amaral J., Meijon M. (2016) Integrated physiological and hormonal profile of heat-induced thermotolerance in Pinus radiata. In: Tree Physiology. 36, 1, 63-77.
Jesus C., Meijon M., Monteiro P., Correia B., Amaral J., Escandon M., Canal M.J., Pinto G. (2015) Salicylic acid application modulates physiological and hormonal changes in Eucalyptus globulus under water deficit. In: Environmental And Experimental Botany. 118, 56-66.
Correia B., Valledor L., Hancock R.D., Jesus C., Amaral J., Meijon M., Pinto G. (2016) Depicting how Eucalyptus globulus survives drought: involvement of redox and DNA methylation events. In: Functional Plant Biology. 43, 9, 838-850.
Felix C., Pinto G., Amaral J., Fernandes I., Alves A., Esteves A.C. (2017) Strain-related pathogenicity in Diplodia corticola. In: Forest Pathology. 47, 6,
Berenguer H.D.P., Alves A., Amaral J., Leal L., Monteiro P., de Jesus C., Pinto G. (2018) Differential physiological performance of two Eucalyptus species and one hybrid under different imposed water availability scenarios. In: Trees-structure And Function. 32, 2, 415-427.
Correia B, Hancock R, Amaral J, Gomez-Cadenas A, Valledor L, Pinto G (2018) Combined drought and heat activates protective responses in Eucalyptus globulus that are not activated when subjected to drought or heat stress alone. In: Frontiers In Plant Science 9:819.
Other Papers (0)
Book Chapter (0)
Annacondia ML, Pascúal J, Escandón M, Valledor L, Correia B, Amaral J, Pinto G, Feito I, Meijón M, Cañal MJ (2016) Specific hormonal cross-talks define short and long term adaptive responses to UV and heat stresses in Pinus radiata. In:
Colina FJ, Amaral J, Pinto G, Carbó M, Cañal MJ, Valledor L (2016) Genome-wide description and functional characterization of SNF-related kinases in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. In:
Correia B, Jesus C, Amaral J, Berenguer H, Monteiro P, Alves A, Pinto G. (2015) Linking ‘omics and ecophysiology in eucalyptus: unravelling stress tolerance in a forest species. In:
Escandón M, Cañal M, Pascual J, Pinto G, Correia B, Amaral J, Valledor L, Meijón M. (2015) Hormonal signalling and physiological response through low-intensity heat stress in Pinus radiata D. Don. In:
Jesus C, Amaral J, Dias MC, Pinto G, Santos C, Malheiro A, Correia C, Moutinho-Pereira J. (2012) Shortterm climate change mitigation strategies for Mediterranean vineyards. In:
Amaral J, Pinto G, Santos C, Dias MC (2012) Physiological response of cork oak (Quercus suber L.) to salt stress. In:
Keizer J.J, Gonzalez-Pelayo O., Fária S., Machado A.I., Maia P., Martins M., Santos L., Van Eck C., Varela M., Vasques A., Pinto G., Jesus C., Amaral J., and the CASCADE Consortium (2014) IMPACTS OF RAINFALL EXCLUSION ON PLANT-SOIL-WATER INTERACTIONS FOLLOWING SINGLE VS. REPEATED WILDFIRES. . In:
González-Pelayo O, Machado A, Vasques A, Kieskamp A, van Eck C, Santos L, Hosseini M, Maia P, Prats S, Coelho C, Keizer JJ, de Jesus C, Amaral J, Santos C, Pinto G, Esteves V, van den Elsen E, Valdecantos A, Bautista S, Mayor A, Bloem J, de Ruiter P, Ritsema C. (2014) Post-fire vegetation and soil recovery under induced drought: an example of a climate change manipulation experiment. In:
Cerqueira A, Alves A, Berenguer H, Correia B, Monteiro P, Diez J, Amaral J, Pinto G (2016) Phosphite delays the progression of Fusarium circinatum on Pinus radiata: a physiological approach. In:
Amaral J, Monteiro P, Flores-Pacheco A, Cerqueira A, Correia B, Gómez-Cadenas, Alves A, Pinto G (2017) The role of primary metabolism and hormone signalling in pine defence responses against Fusarium circinatum. In:
Other Publications (0)
CESAM © 2018 | All rights reserved.